Weird and odd
- Bugs in Google Earth
- Censored stuff
- Weird buildings
Caught from above
- Hello satellite!
- Flying and floating
- Crash and sunk
- Guess game
- Smileys and fun
- Large patterns
Buildings and constructions
- Famous constructions
- Tall buildings
- Statues and monuments
- Ancient constructions
- Castles and palaces
- Amusement parks
- City ornaments
- Famous homes
- Bridges and dams
- Large artifacts
- Mountains and volcanoes
- Land formations
- Famous sites
- Religious sites
- War history
5 coolest places this month
10 most recent uploads
- 1. Gun Lake, Lummen
- 2. White Earth Dragon, south america
- 3. Weird Artifact in Berdsk near Novosibirsk, Berdsk near Novosibirsk
- 4. Giant golfball, near kinross
- 5. Carpark at airport, upper heyford bicester
- 6. Dino dam, Haskovo
- 7. Forest around ex-nuclear reactor, Bucharest
- 8. Haditha dam, Haditha dam
- 9. Roman Ampitheater, Rome
- 10. Strange Arrangement of Buildings at Airport, Townsville, QLD
- Can't find your suggestion here?
This website started in November 2005 pretty much 5 hours after I used Google Earth for the first time. I was struck by the endless possibilites and wanted to see more cool places. I started this so that I would get my own website to share and watch the placemarks.
My name is Christoffer and I am the webmaster and creator of this site, I live in Stockholm (Sweden). I love to travel so I see this as a perfect way to find out new places to travel to. For me it has been really cool to use Google Earth to find the different places in the world I have lived in (like, USA, Slovakia and Ecuador), check out my travel blog Tales Of Trips as well.I am always trying to gather money to go on trips. This is a reason for the ads on this website :)
These are my favorites on GECP:
- Cotopaxi - I lived near this volcano for six months. It is beautiful (check out a picture I have taken)!
- Sears Tower - One of the first placemarks on this site and also one the best. Such high resolution and such an amazing construction.
- The indian face - It is truly amazing how perfect the resemblance is!
- Hoover Dam - The view of the dam in 3D is awesome.
- Las Vegas - What can you say? A city that contains all the wonders of the world.
This website is optimized for Mozilla Firefox although it should work perfectly fine for Internet Explorer as well. I have used EditPlus, StyleMaster and Filezilla for the development of the website.
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
Google Earth cool places has been recognized by many websites and newspapers. Among the most famous ones and of those I know of there are:
Disclaimers: All the content here is © GoogleEarthCoolPlaces.com (2005-2008), if not stated otherwise. The vast majority of the kmz-links and material has been uploaded by the visitors and I cannot check the source of this material so if you find material that belongs to someone else, e-mail me and I will check it out. This website is made out of pure personal interest and I am no employee of Google and the website content is by no means controlled or produced by Google.